- "Youth has no age. Beauty has no definition. Happiness has no rule. Love has no limit." ♥

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Essence Review



I don’t know if many of you know of the new drugstore brand that hit SHOPPERS DRUGMART, a month ago. That brand is Essence. Essence has a variety of products, concealers, nail polish, lip glosses, lipsticks, well you get the idea. The thing that sparked my interest in this brand was how cute & cheap the products were, but I was also iffy about cheap makeup brands. Any who despite that fact I decided to pick up a few products and test them myself. I got the gel liner, concealer, & an eye shadow quad.




The gel liner is called [01 – Midnight in Paris], which is just a black gel liner. I decided to get this because I wanted to try a new gel liner that would last. I’m sure a lot of you have heard about/tried the MAYBELLINE‘s EYE STUDIO LASTING DRAMA GEL EYELINER, I loved that gel liner at first but slowly the gel liner would dry on me, no matter how tight I close that lid it was dry so fast I couldn’t even get through half of the product! I thought it was just the first one I bought that was bad, so I went back bought another one and the same thing happened. I didn’t want to keep buying it over & over hoping it would work, considering it was $6-$7. Never again did I but the gel liner, I don’t know if they have improved the product over time but I wouldn’t go back and try. Compared to MAYBELLINE’s gel liner, Essence’s gel liner was by far way better! I was actually really surprised because I wasn’t expecting much, since I only paid $3.99 for it! But I absolutely love this gel liner! It is the best drug store one I have tried so far. It doesn’t smudge on me, & it is water proof! The pigmentation is very good as well for $3.99, & a plus is that is doesn’t dry out! I have been using this gel liner for the past 2 weeks & I have no problems with it. If you haven’t checked this eye liner out, you should seriously go get it! I really recommend this gel liner. It’s cheap, waterproof, & doesn’t dry out on you.


Next is the eye shadow quad [07 – Over the taupe]. I really like this eye shadow, but I also hate it. The thing I like about it is that it’s affordable, & it lasts long. The downside is that the color that’s supposed to be “taupe” is more of a mossy green color. I just didn’t like the colors of this quad, I’ll probably check out the other ones that they have. But that’s the only downside. The quad is $3.99, & seriously long lasting! I tried wiping off the eye shadow swatches off my fingers and it took me awhile that I just gave up & went to wash my hands again, haha. But they do have a bunch of other colors, & like I said it’s cheap & long lasting!


Last is the concealer [01 – Matt Sand]. This concealer was super cheap, it only was $2.49! But I hate this concealer, the swatch on my hand looks good right? But as soon as you started to blend it in, it disappears, not onto your face, but either your brush or gets on your fingers. The coverage on this wasn’t good enough for me. & it wasn’t long lasting. I just hate this concealer so much. I have dark circles & this didn’t even do anything to them, which is so bad! I do not recommend this product unless you only need a little coverage.  

Overall I do like some of their products but they do have a lot more. I’ll do an updated review on this brand if I do end up buying more. Oh! & Essence is only found in SHOPPERS DRUGMART right now.
Peace&Lovee! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment