- "Youth has no age. Beauty has no definition. Happiness has no rule. Love has no limit." ♥

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nail Art Polishes/Pens Review & Comparison


Hey Guys/Girlies!
Did I mention to you guys I love doing my nails & love nail polish? I seriously have an obsession with nail polish haha. A lot of people have asked me where I buy these “Nail art polishes/pens” & honestly you can get them pretty much everywhere that sells cosmetics. 

Here are all the different brands that I have:

I will do a pros & cons, price, where you can purchase them, weight, & recommendations for each brand.



The first one is KISS NAIL ART PAINT:
Price: Package of 3 nail art polishes @ $9.99-$14.99

Location: Wal-Mart, Superstore, Shoppers Drug mart, Winners
**Cheapest place to get them is @ Wal-Mart or Winners for $9.99

Weight:  7.5ml

Pros:
  • The bottle shape is easy to use & handle
  • Formula is really good
  •  Lasts long
  •  Doesn't dry out quickly
  • Easy Application
  • Since you get 3 nail art polishes, your technically paying $3.33/per one, which is an okay price.

Cons: 
  • Not a lot of color selection
  •  Since it does come in a package of 3, you do have to buy all 3 & not just a single color
  • Sometimes the brushes are bent weird & you can’t use them anymore

Overall rating: 3.5/5
Recommendation: Yes


Second is L.A. COLORS ART DECO:

Price: Around $2.50-$3 per bottle.

Location: Superstore, Zellers
**Cheapest location is @ Superstore @ $2.50

Weight:  7.5ml

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • A lot of color selection
  • Formula is really good
  • Bottle shape is easy to use & handle
  • Lasts long
  • Easy application
  • Are sold individually, so you can choose what color you want to buy
Cons:
  •  You must check the brushes before buying!
  • Some of the polishes that I bought the brush were damaged due to testing. Please beware of that & check before you buy!
  • Not a lot of places carry them

Overall rating: 4/5
Recommendation: Yes



Third is IT’S SO EASY STRIPE RITE:
Price: From $4.89-$5.50

Location: Sally’s Beauty Supply
**For non-members @ Sally’s you pay around $5.50, for members you pay $4.89

Weight:  8ml

Pros:
  •  Variety of color selection
  •  The quality of brush


Cons:
  •  Expensive
  • The formula is super dry
  • The bottle shape
  • The polish seems matte, like acrylic paint
  •  I think the packaging is so ugly, haha.


Overall rating: 2/5
Recommendation: No









Fourth is ART CLUB BY COLOR CLUB.

Price: Set of 7 nail art polishes + sealer (clear nail polish) for $12.99

Location: Winners
**Winners is the only location that I know sells these ATM.

Weight: 7ml

Pros:
  • Super cheap! Not including the sealer, you’re basically paying $1.86/per bottle!
  • Each set comes with a variety of colors
  • Formula is really good for the price
  • Bottle shape is easy to handle & use
  •  Brush quality is good

Cons:
  •  Really hard to find, you really have to look for these @ a couple of winners before you can find them.
  • Wish they didn’t include the sealer for every set, & just put another nail art polish. I really don’t need 4 sealers!
  • Wish more retail places carry them

Overall rating: 4.5/5
Recommendation: Yes


Fifth is QUO BY ORLY INSTANT ARTIST:

Price: $4.00

Location: Shoppers Drug Mart
**Only location that carries them that I know of ATM.

Weight:  9ml

Pros:
  • Formula is really good
  • Variety of colors are different from other brands
  • The weight is a lot
  • Packaging is so cute
  •  Love the bottle shape

Cons:
  • Expensive!
  • The brush is so stiff, you can’t even draw a simple straight line.
  • Hard to handle & use

Overall rating: 1.5/5
**Honestly if it wasn’t so expensive & the brush wasn't super stiff, I would probably rate this brand higher, & use it more. But you seriously can’t do any nail art with this brush, it’s so frustrating!
Recommendation: No



Lastly is NAIL ART PEN BY SALLY HANSEN:

Price: Around $5-$7 (I don’t exactly remember)

Location: Wal-Mart, Superstore, Shoppers drug mart, Winners, London Drugs, Rexall

Weight:  2ml

Pros:
  • Variety of colors
  • A lot of places carry it

Cons:
  •  Super messy
  • The pen itself is too thick
  • Can’t do much with it
  • I don’t like the packaging
  • You have to press down in order to get the polish out, but if you press to hard, it just makes a mess.
  • Very hard to handle & use
  • Expensive for only 2ml

Overall rating: 0.5/5
Recommendation: No

Here are some of the swatches:

So there you guys have it, these are based on my opinion only. Hope this review & comparison will help you to buy the right one & not waste your money like I did! I will probably be doing simple nail art tutorials with these in my next couple of posts, so stay tuned!

- Peace&Lovee! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment